The Asian Commercial Sex Scene

The Asian Commercial Sex Scene (https://sbfsg.agency/index.php)
-   International Field Reports (https://sbfsg.agency/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Opening Bank Account in Bangkok Without Work Permit (https://sbfsg.agency/showthread.php?t=116322)

ThailandRanger 19-02-2009 02:07 PM

Opening Bank Account in Bangkok Without Work Permit

Any Bros who stay in bangkok for long time know how to open a bank account? So far the ones i asked all needed to see a work permit. Got any banks can open without a work permit ?

nds888 19-02-2009 02:29 PM

Re: Opening Bank Account in Bangkok Without Work Permit

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThailandRanger (Post 3492937)
Any Bros who stay in bangkok for long time know how to open a bank account? So far the ones i asked all needed to see a work permit. Got any banks can open without a work permit ?

You don't need a work permit. Not sure if things have changed but i open one few years ago and they need only my passport. You can even get a visa atm card.

Tony Stark 19-02-2009 02:32 PM

Quote:

Different branches of the same bank will tell you different policies. Cock up right? Haha. :D Try different banks and branches. All you need is a local address. Remember do it with a smile. This is Thailand. Me immerse in China lately. Have to put on mean face everytime. If not will become easy target for robbers and carrothead choppers. Almost forgot how to smile liao. :p

Playman 19-02-2009 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony Stark (Post 3492996)
Different branches of the same bank will tell you different policies. Cock up right? Haha. :D Try different banks and branches. All you need is a local address. Remember do it with a smile. This is Thailand. Me immerse in China lately. Have to put on mean face everytime. If not will become easy target for robbers and carrothead choppers. Almost forgot how to smile liao. :p

I did it with a local address in Thailand and I opened with Thai Farmer Bank....no hassle somemore they ask me whether I want a credit card or not....too bad the clerk is not that chun....if not...he he he! In the end the bank account opened with a ATM card!

That is 3 years ago!:D

ThailandRanger 19-02-2009 06:14 PM

Got any thai farmer bank branches along sukumvit ? if not where is the nearest one ? thanks

Playman 19-02-2009 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThailandRanger (Post 3493758)
Got any thai farmer bank branches along sukumvit ? if not where is the nearest one ? thanks

I opened my account in Huay Hwang(Rachadapisek Road) area on the left side of The Emerald Hotel besides some car showroom! Just walk towards the Poseidon , it is a branch only and you will not miss it!:D:p

Tony Stark 20-02-2009 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Playman (Post 3493346)
I did it with a local address in Thailand and I opened with Thai Farmer Bank....no hassle somemore they ask me whether I want a credit card or not....too bad the clerk is not that chun....if not...he he he! In the end the bank account opened with a ATM card!

That is 3 years ago!:D

Yes it should be very hassle free but some bank branches have different policies. :rolleyes:

Ah_Hia 20-02-2009 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony Stark (Post 3494992)
Yes it should be very hassle free but some bank branches have different policies. :rolleyes:

100% agree on this !

BulleYe 20-02-2009 01:20 AM

Quote:

Bangkok Bank n Kasikornbank(known as Thai Farmer Bank in the passed) just need passport with local address.
Been open an account use address of service apartment.;)

At that time frequent at BKK, have balance of thai baht just deposite these account before get back SG.That will loss on exchange n still have some interest make (even thought not much). Also use it for received my revenue in Thai Baht.

Tony Stark 20-02-2009 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BulleYe (Post 3495020)
At that time frequent at BKK, have balance of thai baht just deposite these account before get back SG.That will loss on exchange n still have some interest make (even thought not much). Also use it for received my revenue in Thai Baht.

Also another advantage is you can use internet banking to transfer money to your "tirak" at no charge when you're back in Singapore thus saving remittance or TT fees. :D

BulleYe 20-02-2009 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony Stark (Post 3495098)
Also another advantage is you can use internet banking to transfer money to your "tirak" at no charge when you're back in Singapore thus saving remittance or TT fees. :D

haha...
as not tirak relationship work out:D
so that not my main purpose to open banks a/c

will need to open an a/c in china's bank ready as start to regular in PRC:o

suckerll 20-02-2009 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony Stark (Post 3495098)

dun think u can open an internet acc with Bangkok Bank unless the account u open is using a work permit instead of tourist visa

stupid reason for all i can figure!

as for kasikorn bank i not sure

Bangkok Master 20-02-2009 12:37 PM

I got a contact for Siam Commercial Bank - Thai Panit who can help to open bank acc without any work permit or visa but of course they would expect a "personal fee" for the assistance.Not sure how much nw as my friend paid her around 1.5k baht but it was 2 years ago. Pm me if u need the contact.

Big Sexy 20-02-2009 12:46 PM

what are the interest rates like in thailand? anyone knows?

BulleYe 20-02-2009 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Sexy (Post 3496196)
what are the interest rates like in thailand? anyone knows?

Deposit rate?

at per today
Bangkok Bank
Deposit Interest Rates

Siam Commercial Bank
In Thai Baht
http://www.scb.co.th/img/en/rate/deposit-eng.pdf
Foreign currency
The Siam Commercial Bank - Foreign Currency Deposit

Kasikorn Bank (known as Thai Farmer Bank in the passed)
Welcome to KASIKORNBANK