View Single Post
Old 27-10-2016, 03:21 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 3191 / Power: 14
Happyman007 has a reputation beyond reputeHappyman007 has a reputation beyond reputeHappyman007 has a reputation beyond reputeHappyman007 has a reputation beyond reputeHappyman007 has a reputation beyond reputeHappyman007 has a reputation beyond reputeHappyman007 has a reputation beyond reputeHappyman007 has a reputation beyond reputeHappyman007 has a reputation beyond reputeHappyman007 has a reputation beyond reputeHappyman007 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Re-location advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emirates1 View Post
the truth is to relocate anywhere in the world u need $$$ and the advantage of thailand is it's relatively low standard of living (due to the low salaries they earn)

so if u come from a country with a strong currency and have settled yr family or financial obligations back home, then by all means come & make thailand yr new home, language barrier and cultural differences notwithstanding...

in my case about 5yrs ago i had the (mis)fortune of being diagnosed with PD and as such began the saga of trying to come to terms mentally with the disease and finally, after accepting my fate, as the financial institution i had worked for 27yrs was undergoing a "reorganisation"at that time, it seemed like the perfect time to "cash out" & live the balance of my life the way i wanted to before it became a physical n mental impossibility. anyways, to make a long story short, i took what the bank had given me n i bought a condo in bangkok and told my wife (now ex) what i needed to do n flew to BKK which would now be my new home . of course, the family part was not as pleasant nor as easy to reconcile as the $$$ part but i did not want to waste what precious years i had left stuck in a world that slowly but surely had turned into a dark place.

so armed with the $$$ from my retirement fund and the small monthly insurance payout that i get due to PD, i just continue to just live my life the best way i know how and with financial care and handling. Sorry for the long story but i hope it helps wth the decision making process of whether or not one should relocate to thailand,.
Sorry to know your story and is sure not easy to live alone. Family is still the main structure of my life while all others can be negotiated. J

ust a suggestion to stretch you $$$ further perhaps you can consider moving to CM, lower cost of living and more friendly helpful people around as compare to BKK.