View Single Post
Old 23-01-2017, 10:27 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 199 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1503 / Power: 9
TonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant future
Arrow Mong La

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohbuckkong View Post
How cheap the ST.
Tmr I fly airasia from SG to chiangrai. From the airport, I hope there's bus to the border. I read that there's a bus from airport to allure resort in Myanmar side near the border. If I can reach Allure resort then I will stay here a night, if not then no choice but to stay overnight in mae sai or tachiliek. Hope to stay only in cheap guest house. Hopefully in mae sai or tachiliek I can find some travel agent to buy a bus ticket to mongla via kengtung. Lastly, I hope there's cheap guesthouse in mongla, even room with only fan is OK for me.
Hopefully in mongla there's cheap motorcycle for rent so that I can explore the town.

And last but not least, I will post my adventure and latest findings here. Hope there's internet access for me to post here live (within 24hrs) .
Wow glad that we have you as advance scout to reece first!

Mong La street FLs should not be more than ¥100 ST.
There are also KTVs with hostesses catering to PRCs.

Change RMB in Singapore for better rates before you step into Thailand and Shan State.
In such warlord states only cash, gold and bullets accepted.
Maybe China credit cards are accepted too.

In Mong La you can stay in cheap Motels run by PRCs.
Under ¥100 per night.
I believe there are more better quality hotels available also.

Mobile and internet all piggy back on China's network.
More advance than the other shitty Myanmar cities.

Respect the Army guys, local Myanmar Chinese (KMT decendants) and carry yourself well.
Make Singapore proud by planting the first flag for us there.

*Disclaimer: Some busybody and cocky people claim my info and opinion are misleading as out of touch with Thailand. Please use info at your own discretion.

Last edited by TonyCheong2; 24-01-2017 at 11:54 PM.