View Single Post
Old 12-01-2017, 03:19 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1740 / Power: 11
nono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant future
Re: Batam Info / Interest / Help Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by miumiu6464 View Post
Will best that in mind when I next visit fantasy island.
Hehehe..now i will try to borrow your lines and quote your words,...there is actually an upcoming Funtasy island (an investment resort site) in Batam.

Below there's an article taken from the Sillypore Straits Times news on June 2016 :

Quote:
( Click to show/hide )
Indonesia warns developer against claiming island resort belongs to Singapore

JAKARTA - Indonesian authorities have warned a Singapore company against claiming that an island resort near Batam belongs to Singapore.

The Singapore-based developer, Funtasy Island Development (FID), had renamed Pulau Manis, a cluster of six islets north of Batam, as "Funtasy Island" when it recently unveiled its resort map, The Jakarta Post newspaper reported on Wednesday (June 1).

The islands were presented in colours denoting them as Singaporean territory, Riau Islands provincial tourism agency head, Mr Guntur Sakti, was quoted as saying. An edited version of the map on the website now shows the islands presented in a different colour.

"We already asked for an explanation from the Singaporean management. We gave them a warning not to make any sudden moves that would attract any negative perceptions," he said.

But Singapore's Foreign Ministry said late Tuesday that it was "deeply puzzled" by the reports.

"Singapore has never disputed Indonesia's sovereignty over Pulau Manis and does not lay claim to the island," the spokesman said.

Mr Guntur said local authorities had lodged an official warning and requested clarification from the firm on Monday, but was told that the map was merely for marketing purposes.

"We are concerned that the islands might be claimed by Singapore and we don't want that to happen," he said.

According to the report, local army and navy personnel had also travelled to the resort on Sunday to plant a number of Indonesian red-and-white flags. Batam naval base chief Colonel Ribut Eko Suyatno said there were plans to build a naval post in the area to anticipate further actions.

Riau lawmaker Makmur Nasution said exclusive management of the islands was a violation of the 2007 Coastal and Small Islands Management Law.

"The local residents no longer live there, so the exclusive right to that island goes against the law. The government needs to set this straight," he was quoted as saying.

Billed as the region's largest eco-park resort, Funtasy Island is managed jointly by an Indonesian and Singaporean company, and has been developed over 20 years, said the report.

Funtasy Island site manager Oke Yusma Nurjaman previously revealed that the resort, worth an estimated Rp 2 trillion ($201.6 million) in investments, had already sold out, with most of the buyers coming from Singapore.

This resort investment don't come cheap,hehehe...according to the internet I read some time ago, it cost no less than 3/4 juta in Sin$ each,hehehe...but well,i guess it is worth that price since they promise buyers that they will be able to live alongside with the Dolphins, just about doorsteps away.

Anyway,its now sold out (according to news). So now even if one has that money, also cannot buy it 1st hand unless someone who previous bought it is willing to let go of what they already have and my guess is, it wont cost less than a juta Sin$? Hehehe...

Just sharing.

Basic Batam Info in One Link

Avoid quoting the whole post if you are replying to me in the thread

信言不美,美言不信。
善者不辩,辩者不善。
知者不博,博者不知。
圣人不积,既以为人己愈有,既以与人己愈多。
天之道,利而不害。
圣人之道,为而不争。

My December 2019 Batam Trip Info