View Single Post
Old 01-08-2009, 04:26 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 419 / Power: 19
ranger_edd is a living Saint! - you won't find betterranger_edd is a living Saint! - you won't find betterranger_edd is a living Saint! - you won't find betterranger_edd is a living Saint! - you won't find betterranger_edd is a living Saint! - you won't find better
Re: Attention to All TS : Please note of this Nick

Well here is my two cents.

Sometimes, newbies will post fake FRs for the sole purpose of getting points. Who is to blame them? I won't encourage newbies to do that (I am also a newbie myself and I want points too) but that is just the way the system works for better or for worse.

I didn't create the system but the rich gets richer and the poor gets poorer. No points means you are limited when it comes to getting contacts - no contacts means harder to get FLs' numbers and consequently harder to get points. To break the vicious cycle, people lie about their FRs I guess.

No harm done posting fake FRs - makes a good read, brings the thread up, gives the FL more air time and exposure.

And on a very realistic note, I dare say there is a substantial number of fake FRs floating around by both newbies and senior brothers alike.