View Single Post
Old 23-03-2017, 11:01 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1868 / Power: 20
Nato17 has a brilliant futureNato17 has a brilliant futureNato17 has a brilliant futureNato17 has a brilliant futureNato17 has a brilliant futureNato17 has a brilliant futureNato17 has a brilliant futureNato17 has a brilliant futureNato17 has a brilliant futureNato17 has a brilliant futureNato17 has a brilliant future
Re: The relentless rising cost of living in Singapore

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyleon View Post
That is what I have been saying along. IF the taxi companies TRULY want to help their taxi drivers to earn more money the taxi companies NEED TO REDUCE taxi rental by at least S$1000.00. This will make a lot of its drivers very happy and of course its commuters . Sadly the taxi companies DO NOT WANT to reduce rentals . If commuters find that taxi rates are too expensive they will definitely choose other modes of transport . When that happens what will happen to the earnings of your taxi drivers ?
The problem is these so called scholars are just paper qualified but have no fricking brains. That is why our education system just produces people who only know how to remember facts period but cannot apply things.

I think the issue has two fold and it is taxis rentals are high because they want to milk the cow, but when they do that taxis drivers have to make a living thus the cost of a taxi ride increases dramatically. Now when that happens, people move to other platforms.

So in a nutshell, if taxi rentals go down and taxi rates are competitive then it becomes a win win for all parties except the taxi company. But because the taxi companies directors are for profit, they don't care about the people working for them except themselves.

Yeah, I understand about stakeholders but this is not the way to run it. Period.