Thread: Fun In Paris
View Single Post
Old 19-08-2009, 08:34 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 554 / Power: 20
Bigbird00 is a name known to allBigbird00 is a name known to allBigbird00 is a name known to allBigbird00 is a name known to allBigbird00 is a name known to allBigbird00 is a name known to all
Re: Paris experience and warning

Thanks Honestcrook. Boy, what an ID name. Maybe we should your hint seriously. 8 ) Just kidding.

Anyway, Every country you will have such people & encounters. Am sure you heard about those visitors in S'pore complaining about our taxi drivers, lucky plaza sales guys, etc... The lesson learned for me is we just need to do things with our eyes open and use our big "head" once in a while.

All things said. I usually travel alone to different new places and 1 advice i learned from a globetrotter i met during my younger days was to keep your cash/valuables in different places (e.g. shoes, socks) when you travel alone. If you got pickpocket or some druggie threaten you. Just Give. These guys have nothing to loose as you are a foreigner in a foreign land and they can kill you and dump you in their vast land. A lot of these a syndicates. Don't be flashy and keep a low profile.

Sorry if i have spoken more then i need to.

One last thing, Budapest & Prague are places you MUST not miss in ones life time. I am hoping to return there again sometime. Next target, Estonia, Latvia & Russia.

Cheers & Enjoy!