Old 06-05-2008, 02:12 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 17 / Power: 0
CheongStar2000 deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Angeles City (Balibago) Tips

I am still wondering how did the Diosdado Macapagal International Airport (DMIA) at Clarke, Philippines win the best airport of the year award.

Anyway the airport was not that bad on the inside. It was just a big hassle getting a taxi outside. While i am generally careful and i did mention the exact location of the hotel i wanted to stay at to the taxi driver and the airport taxi service (more of a scam service) he still managed to take away 50 more pesos from me.

The airport is pretty rudimentary.

The jeepneys is the best mode of transport in clarke as long as you are aware where you want to go and you know where to alight. Generally the standard fare is peso 7.50. Sometimes i gave 8 or 10 pesos per short trip depending on my mood. If the jeepney guy thinks that you are a foreigner he may charge you as much as a 150 peso for a short trip that is if he manages to convince some gullible souls.

You have an SM Mall in Clarke not exactly fantastic but generally gets you most of the stuff you may need during your short or long stay there.

The trikes are the worst.. i mean roughest people to deal with. Generally they wont settle for less than 50-60 peso for a short trip. Again they can charge you as much as 200 peso if they think you can be parted with your money. The trikes are actually quite handly. You can choose to pillion ride by sitting behind the driver or in the attached cabin next to the driver. The vehicle is powered by 100 cc mobikes.

Now on to the bars and the details in my next post