Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 17 / Power: 0
CheongStar2000 deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Re: Angeles City (Balibago) Tips

For those who are not familiar with Clarke

Tiger Airways runs flights to Clarke i think its daily.

For those who prefer to use the Ninoy Aquino International Airport in Manila and are on a budget or would prefer a taste of Manila too then Cebu Pacific/Jet Star is a good idea.

OFcourse for those who are familiar/not on a budget there are a myriad of airlines to take you to Manila.

From Manila to Clarke its pretty easy. Again for those of you who do not want to take the trouble of finding their way around the Swagman Hotel in Malate runs daily 3 shuttle services from Manila to Angeles and return trips too. They call it Fly the Bus. I think its a crap service. You pay P500 and its not fantastic. But well they pick you up from Swagman Hotel and drop you at your hotel doorstep in Angeles. What more can the uninitiated ask for? For those with more dollars you can always book a taxi for about P2300 approx to bring you all the way to Angeles from Manila.

There are generally traffic jams as you enter/exit Manila. However if you are travelling on a Sunday then that should not be a problem at all. The journey is pretty smooth comfortable and takes less than 2 hours for about 80 kms.

Food however can be a pretty big issue in Angeles. You will get sick of Western food after awhile. However SM Mall, Clarke has a restaurant Flavours of China where a lunch for 2 should cost you about P500 or less.

If you get tired of flavours of china you can consider visiting the "Shanghai Palace". In my humble opinion its more authentic. However both restaurants fare pretty well.

There is Chow King which i think is expensive and tastes crap. You are better off eating the Shawarmas by the road side for P60

Now back to the Bars and the stories there upon:

If you are done with Stargate, you can walk down to Lost in Asia.

The seating in Lost in ASia is not very comfortable. In the sense you wont find sofas. Its more like you will find bar chairs which are high and may be uncomfortable if you want to sit for long. They have a pool table where you can play to your hearts content. Better still you can get one of the SYTS to play with you.

Next to Stargate is Roadies. While it looks formidable on the outside and the SYTs/CMIs may look intimidating at first, they are quite friendly once you break the ice. And for the perverts an LD (P100) buys you the rights to grope/feel/smooch/kiss/lapdance the works. Well if the LD is over you can always order another LD. P100 is not a lot is it?

Alongside Roadies is Tartz. Now most of these joints are owned by Ang Mohs who may not be friendly initially but will warm up to you pretty soon. I do not wish to discuss which Bar had the best SYTs and which had the max CMIs since generally the bars are in abundance. They are next to each other. You can open the door look inside and if you are not comfortable leave the place and go next door. There is no MAfia out here that will force you to buy an LD or whatever.

Generally i have noticed no one bugs you much in Clarke. Not even for an LD. you are left pretty much to yourself and if you fancy an SYT then you can choose to ask the SYT to come over and you can order an LD for the SYT. There are always the rare instances where the SYT rejects you. But what can you do about that? ITs a free world.

More updates soon.