The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > The best of Thailand

Notices

The best of Thailand Serving your Thai Business & Holiday Needs. All Singaporeans in Thailand sign in to show your support and bring your Thai "friends" with you for stuff you can't discuss on Facebook! :)
ประเทศไทยต้อนรับคุณ!

User Tag List

Old 13-12-2016, 10:27 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 424 / Power: 20
smile_santa is a living Saint! - you won't find bettersmile_santa is a living Saint! - you won't find bettersmile_santa is a living Saint! - you won't find bettersmile_santa is a living Saint! - you won't find bettersmile_santa is a living Saint! - you won't find better
Re: Re-location advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by naemlo View Post
Everything is in Thai when dealing with Thai authority... There is a survey done and Thais English is 1 of the worst in the region. I have many Thai friends whose kids are either in international school or in oversea studying. They rubbish their own education system.

I am a coffee person who needs at least 2 cups a day. I have plan to open a "boutique cafe" outside BKK. This cafe, I will not bother will it makes money. Just a place to keep an old man occupy and have a few cups of coffee.
Yes the Thai education system is rubbish and although they are taught english in school, my thai friend also mentioned its full of crap.

Funny how you mentioned cafe though. This was 1 business idea I have discussed with my friend; to distribute coffee powder due to the increasing number of cafes being opened. He is quite confident it will work however I dont share his optimism. But he is the native there so, maybe he knows something I dont.
Old 13-12-2016, 11:00 AM
Samster

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1428 / Power: 18
old_yet_horny has much to be proud ofold_yet_horny has much to be proud ofold_yet_horny has much to be proud ofold_yet_horny has much to be proud ofold_yet_horny has much to be proud ofold_yet_horny has much to be proud ofold_yet_horny has much to be proud ofold_yet_horny has much to be proud ofold_yet_horny has much to be proud ofold_yet_horny has much to be proud of

Quote:
Everything is in Thai when dealing with Thai authority... There is a survey done and Thais English is 1 of the worst in the region. I have many Thai friends whose kids are either in international school or in oversea studying. They rubbish their own education system.

I am a coffee person who needs at least 2 cups a day. I have plan to open a "boutique cafe" outside BKK. This cafe, I will not bother will it makes money. Just a place to keep an old man occupy and have a few cups of coffee.
PM me your intended location bro.. If its near Rangsit or Pathumthani, I will be your regular, at least 1 cup a day. LOL.

To up list: -Empty for now-

Planning to retire from Commercial Sex Scene
Old 13-12-2016, 11:02 AM
Samster

old_yet_horny has much to be proud ofold_yet_horny has much to be proud ofold_yet_horny has much to be proud ofold_yet_horny has much to be proud ofold_yet_horny has much to be proud ofold_yet_horny has much to be proud ofold_yet_horny has much to be proud ofold_yet_horny has much to be proud ofold_yet_horny has much to be proud ofold_yet_horny has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile_santa View Post
Yes the Thai education system is rubbish and although they are taught english in school, my thai friend also mentioned its full of crap.

Funny how you mentioned cafe though. This was 1 business idea I have discussed with my friend; to distribute coffee powder due to the increasing number of cafes being opened. He is quite confident it will work however I dont share his optimism. But he is the native there so, maybe he knows something I dont.
IBro Santa, I heard Thai people loves fish ball and their own fish ball sucks.. Some even went to the extend to buy/ handcarry/ smuggle from S'pore or M'sia. The choice of fish they use in Thailand and the mixture of flour is way out and tasty awful. U may wanna take a look at that. LOL

Old 13-12-2016, 11:35 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 535 / Power: 16
Lion_Barbell is a glorious beacon of lightLion_Barbell is a glorious beacon of lightLion_Barbell is a glorious beacon of lightLion_Barbell is a glorious beacon of lightLion_Barbell is a glorious beacon of lightLion_Barbell is a glorious beacon of light

How much to budget for a year's stay in CM?
Old 13-12-2016, 11:48 AM
Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion_Barbell View Post
Depends on what you have in mind and what your lifestyle is like...

FYI, blue collar worker earns about 15K-20K THB per month and they can survive with 3 meals plus includes rental of a hostel, hand phone bills, some grocery shopping and send money home. That will be lowest budget you are looking at without much enjoyment.

To live in comfort, try budget between 60K-90K THB per month, you can enjoy more.

Old 13-12-2016, 12:54 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 1126 / Power: 23
williamangkh has much to be proud ofwilliamangkh has much to be proud ofwilliamangkh has much to be proud ofwilliamangkh has much to be proud ofwilliamangkh has much to be proud ofwilliamangkh has much to be proud ofwilliamangkh has much to be proud ofwilliamangkh has much to be proud ofwilliamangkh has much to be proud of

I was lurking this topic for a long time and would like to add in my personal experiences.

In 2008, I decided to leave SG for Thailand to start a business (Engineering stuffs). In the beginning, i started out with a local thai partner ( as usual, thai chinese people like to think they are smart) and after 5 years in partnership, i decided to stop partnering with him and started my own business. (remember, if you are in partnership, always hold the last card so you have the edge over them)

I never regret leaving SG as my business now is doing very good (new company with my Thai wife, thus 100% owned by us even it is a Local Thai Company, with wife holding 51%)

If you decide to migrate to thailand and have a thai wife(which really help) go and start a business (not a shop selling food). We (Singaporean) will always excel compare to the local as we are much more hardworking than them.

Employ local thai as your employees but remember what motivate them, so do pay them well and i am 100% sure they will 100% loyal to you.

If anyone need my two baht advise, i will try to help within my abilities.

My views may differ from other brothers who already reside in thailand much longer than me, just how i see from my own personal experiences and still learning everyday about Thai culture.
Old 13-12-2016, 01:41 PM
Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamangkh View Post
I was lurking this topic for a long time and would like to add in my personal experiences.

In 2008, I decided to leave SG for Thailand to start a business (Engineering stuffs). In the beginning, i started out with a local thai partner ( as usual, thai chinese people like to think they are smart) and after 5 years in partnership, i decided to stop partnering with him and started my own business. (remember, if you are in partnership, always hold the last card so you have the edge over them)
Bro u are one of the lucky man here.. LOL.

Generally the market in Thailand is so much more bigger than Singapore if we are talking about manufacturing industry. Even now Thailand economy is slowing down, business is still generally OK. Just hope no more flood..LOL

Old 13-12-2016, 02:10 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 1126 / Power: 23
williamangkh has much to be proud ofwilliamangkh has much to be proud ofwilliamangkh has much to be proud ofwilliamangkh has much to be proud ofwilliamangkh has much to be proud ofwilliamangkh has much to be proud ofwilliamangkh has much to be proud ofwilliamangkh has much to be proud ofwilliamangkh has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_yet_horny View Post
Bro u are one of the lucky man here.. LOL.

Generally the market in Thailand is so much more bigger than Singapore if we are talking about manufacturing industry. Even now Thailand economy is slowing down, business is still generally OK. Just hope no more flood..LOL
Yes, i do agreed i was one lucky man...got a very understanding thai wife.

As for flooding, actually it helps....factories has lot of equipment damaged, thus they have to buy replacement (insurance claims) which are opportunities for me. LOL
Old 13-12-2016, 03:45 PM
Samster

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 8958 / Power: 23
naemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile_santa View Post

Funny how you mentioned cafe though.
Just a plan... a small cafe for travelers to stop by to rest and have a coffee or other drinks. Good for me to know more friends too. I have thought of a normal blue jazz bar but decided against due to potential problem with police and mafia.

Quote:
PM me your intended location bro.. If its near Rangsit or Pathumthani, I will be your regular, at least 1 cup a day. LOL.
Will not be so near to BKK..... BKK has too many cafes, even Telecom company also invest in cafe, TRUE.

Quote:
IBro Santa, I heard Thai people loves fish ball and their own fish ball sucks..
Yes, they like our Singapore fishball, those big round like ping pong. I must agree their fishball tastes like shit.
Old 14-12-2016, 12:13 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 535 / Power: 16
Lion_Barbell is a glorious beacon of lightLion_Barbell is a glorious beacon of lightLion_Barbell is a glorious beacon of lightLion_Barbell is a glorious beacon of lightLion_Barbell is a glorious beacon of lightLion_Barbell is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Yes, they like our Singapore fishball, those big round like ping pong. I must agree their fishball tastes like shit.
But their meatballs are very aroi. I especially like those from the pushcarts.
Old 14-12-2016, 05:05 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 428 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 491 / Power: 12
Citizens is a glorious beacon of lightCitizens is a glorious beacon of lightCitizens is a glorious beacon of lightCitizens is a glorious beacon of lightCitizens is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion_Barbell View Post
A friend told me his monthly expenses is about Sgd$800/- all in for a family of 4 including his wife and 2 kids. After we both lost our jobs last year, he moved his whole family to LOS to live in his Thai wife's farmland. He had the cow sense to buy some land there in his wife name many years ago early in his marriage. With his retrenchment benefits and money from the sale of his HBD pigeonhole, he can live a comfortable life in LOS with his family.
Old 14-12-2016, 06:21 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 255 / Power: 12
GoWhere is one of the Best!GoWhere is one of the Best!GoWhere is one of the Best!
Quote:
If you decide to migrate to thailand and have a thai wife(which really help) go and start a business (not a shop selling food). We (Singaporean) will always excel compare to the local as we are much more hardworking than them.
Good advise bro, I had been observing the F&B industry in bkk for awhile. They are more into concepts especially the cafes. F&B will not be a wise choice for beginners if you want to earn $.
Old 14-12-2016, 11:04 PM
Samster

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 62 / Power: 20
Jking deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Quote:

I never regret leaving SG as my business now is doing very good (new company with my Thai wife, thus 100% owned by us even it is a Local Thai Company, with wife holding 51%)

Employ local thai as your employees but remember what motivate them, so do pay them well and i am 100% sure they will 100% loyal to you.

If anyone need my two baht advise, i will try to help within my abilities.

My views may differ from other brothers who already reside in thailand much longer than me, just how i see from my own personal experiences and still learning everyday about Thai culture.
one good thing about Thailand is if yours is a small business.. as far as I know no one pay tax to the government. u also have opportunity to hire illegal immigrants from myammar w/o worry of being got caught except got to pay some kopi money to the police. overall it is still a great place but to work for others is a big no no..
Old 15-12-2016, 07:52 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 60 / Power: 9
beerlao deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humlea View Post
I think they will keep the current Non-O visa and introduce the 10 yearly option and after some time scrap the 10 year option.

Btw, current non-o retirement visa is 800k in bank for 2 months or 65k monthly income proof and over 50 years old.

This 10 year option only provide convenience of renew 10 yearly rather than yearly. 3 million/100k compared to 800k/65k. Most people will go for the yearly renewal. But if the 10 yearly became popular choice(very unlikely), then it might become the new requirement for retirement visa in thailand.
There are no confirmed details yet about the new 10 year Non O-A visa but from reliable sources the old 1 year Non O-A visa will still remain as this new 10 year Non O-A visa is not for all nationalities. Only retirees from 14 countries are eligible. Singapore is not one of them.
Old 16-12-2016, 12:16 AM
Samster (B)

My Reputation: Points: 106 / Power: 0
WarPig deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great GuyWarPig deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humlea View Post
Ahhhh... warpig is financial stable and having the right attitude to relocate to thailand.
Just have enough to get by lah. Afterall cannot bring along when our time is up and dun intend to leave too much to the next generation as it will only make them into lazy spoilt brats.
Advert Space Available
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1