The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > The best of Thailand

Notices

The best of Thailand Serving your Thai Business & Holiday Needs. All Singaporeans in Thailand sign in to show your support and bring your Thai "friends" with you for stuff you can't discuss on Facebook! :)
ประเทศไทยต้อนรับคุณ!

User Tag List

Old 09-12-2013, 12:37 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 41 / Power: 0
jetset deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Re: Infos on Chiang Mai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonteerak2553 View Post
Jetset,

if you doesn't have a bike license, better don't risk. It's year end, police are doing road blocks especially during night time. unless you know the area well otherwise I rather you waste the money to take public transport rather than bribing the police.

Pii happyman we share the same thinking!!

Better take a bicycle. Road here in CNX is not as dangerous as Bkk. No worries.

No corkage charge to bring whiskey inside these two clubs. Ice and sode are cheaper than Bkk.

Clubs in Bkk and clubs in CNX operates almost the same, only thing here can bring in our own whiskey in unlike in Bkk, where majority doesn't allows you to do so. In Bkk you are allow to bring out the whiskey, same applies to here, but here can out and in. after hour discos required 100 bht corkage for whiskey.
Seems like there is more cost advantage here compared to BKK. A case in point, a 1 liter Black would cost me 2k Baht at RCA. I can get one at DFS for SGD 39, equivalent to 1k Baht. Essentially, this works out to be a 50% cost savings.

Then again, how much do they sell a 1 liter BL if i buy direct from warm-up. Based on your experience, whats the norm over there? Do patrons buy their bottle at 7 and bring it in or do they buy direct from the establishments?

As for rental of bicycle, is it feasible to ride there? I wouldn't mind if the roads are flat. My other concern is the safe-keeping of the bike. Will the rental provider issue me a lock and chain? This is getting hilarious. I think all samsters will likely laugh at my absurd idea of riding a a bicycle there when the transportation are fairly cheap here. Well, I'm an inquisitive person who loves to explore.

Once again, thank u all for the generous replies.
Old 09-12-2013, 04:12 AM
Samster

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 3191 / Power: 14
Happyman007 has a reputation beyond reputeHappyman007 has a reputation beyond reputeHappyman007 has a reputation beyond reputeHappyman007 has a reputation beyond reputeHappyman007 has a reputation beyond reputeHappyman007 has a reputation beyond reputeHappyman007 has a reputation beyond reputeHappyman007 has a reputation beyond reputeHappyman007 has a reputation beyond reputeHappyman007 has a reputation beyond reputeHappyman007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetset View Post
Thank you Happyman for the info.

Looks like I've to depend on the tuk tuk instead. Since u mentioned about the possibility of me hitting a Ferrari. That deterred me from taking a chance.

Nonetheless, it wouldn't be wise for me to ride a bike without an official licence. Especially when no insurance provider will cover an illegitimate rider even if he gets himself the most comprehensive coverage. But I don't rule out exceptions in the way things work there.

Do u rent bicycles though?
Saw quite a lot of Chinese and Farang (Angmo) ride bicycle and is perfectly normal to do so in CM. I dun have bicycle for rent but I do have a bicycle that I bought last time and is not using (kept in my in law house, got to bring back to shop if u want to borrow it), I can lend it to you is ok. Hope your hotel is near nimman so not too far from my shop along huey Keaw road near to the new Maya mall......

For whisky price in cnx is much cheaper compare to bkk, a black will not cost 2000 baht but maybe 1200 or 1300 can't remember. There're quite a lot of whisky shop around and slightly cheaper to buy from whisky shop, 7/11 or Tesco lotus (slight more compare to sg duty free) and bring it to the pub.....last time I use to do that before marry, bring bottle of whisky with my then gf and hop in to warm, whisky finish go out to buy and bring in again
Old 09-12-2013, 12:16 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 540 / Power: 15
Nonteerak2553 is a glorious beacon of lightNonteerak2553 is a glorious beacon of lightNonteerak2553 is a glorious beacon of lightNonteerak2553 is a glorious beacon of lightNonteerak2553 is a glorious beacon of lightNonteerak2553 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Seems like there is more cost advantage here compared to BKK. A case in point, a 1 liter Black would cost me 2k Baht at RCA. I can get one at DFS for SGD 39, equivalent to 1k Baht. Essentially, this works out to be a 50% cost savings.

Then again, how much do they sell a 1 liter BL if i buy direct from warm-up. Based on your experience, whats the norm over there? Do patrons buy their bottle at 7 and bring it in or do they buy direct from the establishments?

As for rental of bicycle, is it feasible to ride there? I wouldn't mind if the roads are flat. My other concern is the safe-keeping of the bike. Will the rental provider issue me a lock and chain? This is getting hilarious. I think all samsters will likely laugh at my absurd idea of riding a a bicycle there when the transportation are fairly cheap here.
For your info, whiskey at RCA no longer at 2kฟ฿ but 2.1k฿. Mixer they also do jack up the price, but I don't really care about the pricing on the mixer, as per thai style do, just sign the paper and end of the day pay what ever I had signed.

If your budget constraint, best to buy whiskey from SG duty free. 39sgd? What kind of whiskey is that? Black at SG duty free is selling for 42sgd.

As I'm a resident at here and I've a budget to enjoy, I normally purchased double black from the 7, at 1555฿ You'll be surprised to see actually whiskey selling at 7 Bkk is cheaper than at here. I also don't know why.

Here is not like Bkk where the clubber either will be drinking JW chivas vodka etc etc. At here you can drink sang som, 100 pipers and what other cheap thai whiskey. The style is totally different from Bkk.

If you want to save, buy one from SG duty free, if you coming with your friends then make sure all buy one. Unless you drink like a fish otherwise one bottle shared among 2 people is enough to enjoy the night.

Lastly bicycle is feasible to cycle at here, but again do you know your way?

Otherwise take the songtaew, only cost you maybe 40฿, if the driver wants to earn, otherwise normal price will be 20฿ around the city itself. In CNX there's no much things to shop.
Old 09-12-2013, 12:56 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 1978 / Power: 20
yinyang has a brilliant futureyinyang has a brilliant futureyinyang has a brilliant futureyinyang has a brilliant futureyinyang has a brilliant futureyinyang has a brilliant futureyinyang has a brilliant futureyinyang has a brilliant futureyinyang has a brilliant futureyinyang has a brilliant futureyinyang has a brilliant future

jetset, you can put your mind at ease with booze and bike bits (from helpful fellow residents HM007 and Nonteerak

On booze bit, diff won't break the bank. And expect some nominal corkage charge in some places. But with DFS, you know it's the real thing -bootleg is not unheard of in some dodgy places. My mistake once was to bring a Macallen, and local CNX cronies didn't appreciate the diff BL can do liao, even double black gets diluted in the mixers. Bottom line, you are on holiday so counting the pennies won't help.

Leg power bikes are ok within some radius, seen more than a few in Moon Muang backpackers stretch with asians included.

HM007, at least you are sensible entrepreneur with insurance part. Dropping by CNX for new year bash, and won't do the silly Doi Ithanon trip again like 2012 with hordes of tourists and winding traffic from foothill kns. Buz shd be good for you this high season?

Old 09-12-2013, 01:00 PM
Samster (B)

My Reputation: Points: 774 / Power: 0
TonyCheong is a splendid one to beholdTonyCheong is a splendid one to beholdTonyCheong is a splendid one to beholdTonyCheong is a splendid one to beholdTonyCheong is a splendid one to beholdTonyCheong is a splendid one to beholdTonyCheong is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinyang View Post
On booze bit, diff won't break the bank. And expect some nominal corkage charge in some places. But with DFS, you know it's the real thing -bootleg is not unheard of in some dodgy places.
Actually I feel the branded hard liquor sold in Thailand is either fake or watered down.

Either I drink from my own DFS bottle or drink 100 Pipers good enough already.
Old 09-12-2013, 01:14 PM
Samster

Happyman007 has a reputation beyond reputeHappyman007 has a reputation beyond reputeHappyman007 has a reputation beyond reputeHappyman007 has a reputation beyond reputeHappyman007 has a reputation beyond reputeHappyman007 has a reputation beyond reputeHappyman007 has a reputation beyond reputeHappyman007 has a reputation beyond reputeHappyman007 has a reputation beyond reputeHappyman007 has a reputation beyond reputeHappyman007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
jetset, you can put your mind at ease with booze and bike bits (from helpful fellow residents HM007 and Nonteerak

On booze bit, diff won't break the bank. And expect some nominal corkage charge in some places. But with DFS, you know it's the real thing -bootleg is not unheard of in some dodgy places. My mistake once was to bring a Macallen, and local CNX cronies didn't appreciate the diff BL can do liao, even double black gets diluted in the mixers. Bottom line, you are on holiday so counting the pennies won't help.

Leg power bikes are ok within some radius, seen more than a few in Moon Muang backpackers stretch with asians included.

HM007, at least you are sensible entrepreneur with insurance part. Dropping by CNX for new year bash, and won't do the silly Doi Ithanon trip again like 2012 with hordes of tourists and winding traffic from foothill kns. Buz shd be good for you this high season?

Yeah, this high season look good with some tourist divert from bkk to cnx. But due to my location not at tourist area so most of customers rent on monthly and they stay few months in cnx.

New year countdown this year u can try to do in temple, is a totally different kind of peace
Old 09-12-2013, 01:29 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 1978 / Power: 20
yinyang has a brilliant futureyinyang has a brilliant futureyinyang has a brilliant futureyinyang has a brilliant futureyinyang has a brilliant futureyinyang has a brilliant futureyinyang has a brilliant futureyinyang has a brilliant futureyinyang has a brilliant futureyinyang has a brilliant futureyinyang has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyman007 View Post
New year countdown this year u can try to do in temple, is a totally different kind of peace
Yeah, payback time for sins all year round;
Old 09-12-2013, 01:32 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 649 / Power: 18
jnudes is a name known to alljnudes is a name known to alljnudes is a name known to alljnudes is a name known to alljnudes is a name known to alljnudes is a name known to all

Quote:
Saw quite a lot of Chinese and Farang (Angmo) ride bicycle and is perfectly normal to do so in CM. I dun have bicycle for rent but I do have a bicycle that I bought last time and is not using (kept in my in law house, got to bring back to shop if u want to borrow it), I can lend it to you is ok. Hope your hotel is near nimman so not too far from my shop along huey Keaw road near to the new Maya mall......
I read in earlier posting there's a hotel with lots of temples nearby that offer one free bicycle per room for one guest. Not in Nimman or the city area, forgot the area and hotel name, but the area have square size road, after checking with Google map. Have checked Chiang Mai using Google Street View and yes it is pretty safe to cycle around the city as it is not as busy and crowded compared to Bangkok.
Old 09-12-2013, 02:18 PM
Samster

Quote:
Yeah, payback time for sins all year round;
Lol yeah payback time once a year and we have 364 days for sins
Old 09-12-2013, 02:22 PM
Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnudes View Post
I read in earlier posting there's a hotel with lots of temples nearby that offer one free bicycle per room for one guest. Not in Nimman or the city area, forgot the area and hotel name, but the area have square size road, after checking with Google map. Have checked Chiang Mai using Google Street View and yes it is pretty safe to cycle around the city as it is not as busy and crowded compared to Bangkok.
Think u r referring to those hotel inside moat area, yes some do have free bicycle maybe due to location of hotel. Some motel or guess house also provide free bicycle but not too sure which one available.

If stay 2-3 days ride around city area is good enough, if more than that will be better to have a bike or transport so can go to new central festival mall or behind new platinum at night for some local pub session.
Old 09-12-2013, 05:22 PM
Samster

Quote:

For whisky price in cnx is much cheaper compare to bkk, a black will not cost 2000 baht but maybe 1200 or 1300 can't remember. There're quite a lot of whisky shop around and slightly cheaper to buy from whisky shop, 7/11 or Tesco lotus (slight more compare to sg duty free) and bring it to the pub.....last time I use to do that before marry, bring bottle of whisky with my then gf and hop in to warm, whisky finish go out to buy and bring in again
Thanks for the offer. But I wouldn't wanna impose on you.
Do shops rent electric bicycles though? Besides, with this option if available , I will not land myself at the wrong side of the law.
Old 09-12-2013, 05:31 PM
Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonteerak2553 View Post
For your info, whiskey at RCA no longer at 2kฟ฿ but 2.1k฿. Mixer they also do jack up the price, but I don't really care about the pricing on the mixer, as per thai style do, just sign the paper and end of the day pay what ever I had signed.

If your budget constraint, best to buy whiskey from SG duty free. 39sgd? What kind of whiskey is that? Black at SG duty free is selling for 42sgd.

As I'm a resident at here and I've a budget to enjoy, I normally purchased double black from the 7, at 1555฿ You'll be surprised to see actually whiskey selling at 7 Bkk is cheaper than at here. I also don't know why.

Here is not like Bkk where the clubber either will be drinking JW chivas vodka etc etc. At here you can drink sang som, 100 pipers and what other cheap thai whiskey. The style is totally different from Bkk.

If you want to save, buy one from SG duty free, if you coming with your friends then make sure all buy one. Unless you drink like a fish otherwise one bottle shared among 2 people is enough to enjoy the night.

Lastly bicycle is feasible to cycle at here, but again do you know your way?

Otherwise take the songtaew, only cost you maybe 40฿, if the driver wants to earn, otherwise normal price will be 20฿ around the city itself. In CNX there's no much things to shop.
You didn't hear me wrong. DFS is selling JW Black (1liter) for $39. It can be purchased online at ishopchangi.com, while u self collect before flight departure.
There's another cheaper whisky available at $20, called Teacher's.
I haven't tasted double black though. Is it good? Double black should be in the range between black and gold, isn't it?
Old 09-12-2013, 07:04 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 649 / Power: 18
jnudes is a name known to alljnudes is a name known to alljnudes is a name known to alljnudes is a name known to alljnudes is a name known to alljnudes is a name known to all

Quote:
Think u r referring to those hotel inside moat area, yes some do have free bicycle maybe due to location of hotel. Some motel or guess house also provide free bicycle but not too sure which one available.

If stay 2-3 days ride around city area is good enough, if more than that will be better to have a bike or transport so can go to new central festival mall or behind new platinum at night for some local pub session.
I love the idea of cycling around Chiang Mai alone. And based on bros posting and experience here, I think Chiang Mai would be a great place to go. But for FJ activities would be tough and expensive especially with those fair Thai gals lovers. Most have gone to Bangkok. I am not a fan of black girls like the one at Foxy Lady or the local agogo bar. Not sure about Sayuri.

Place like Violin and other high class karaoke would be too expensive. Need to find more bros to cover the cost of karaoke room and drinks. And the one at Kamapangdin Road I read must know how to speak Thai well before you are allowed to FJ with their fair gals. And I'm not handsome enough to hook up girls at the local Nimman bars at night. So no go for me until I can truly find a place for a good bonk and enjoy there.
Old 09-12-2013, 07:15 PM
Samster

Quote:
Thanks for the offer. But I wouldn't wanna impose on you.
Do shops rent electric bicycles though? Besides, with this option if available , I will not land myself at the wrong side of the law.
Bicycle rental is available but u got to do some search, sure not as common as as many like motorbike rental......electric bicycle u can forget about it, even to buy one is not cheap and not many people using it...
Old 09-12-2013, 10:24 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 540 / Power: 15
Nonteerak2553 is a glorious beacon of lightNonteerak2553 is a glorious beacon of lightNonteerak2553 is a glorious beacon of lightNonteerak2553 is a glorious beacon of lightNonteerak2553 is a glorious beacon of lightNonteerak2553 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
You didn't hear me wrong. DFS is selling JW Black (1liter) for $39. It can be purchased online at ishopchangi.com, while u self collect before flight departure.
There's another cheaper whisky available at $20, called Teacher's.
I haven't tasted double black though. Is it good? Double black should be in the range between black and gold, isn't it?
Either the duty free SG overcharged me or I'm blur till can't tell ฿ and $.

Double black is smooth, better than black of course.
Advert Space Available
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1