The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > International Field Reports

Notices

International Field Reports Had a great time around the world? Tell us about it here!

User Tag List

Old 22-01-2009, 09:51 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 13 / Power: 0
ThailandRanger deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Speaking Thai

How to say: May i speak to _______ please ? in thai. any regular thai bros can help me please
Old 23-01-2009, 11:25 AM
Samster

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 83 / Power: 20
Si Geena deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Re: Speaking Thai

"Hello, can you please connect me to ____?"

" Han-Loh, Kor Saai Gap ____ Duay Krap "

"Hello, is ____ in?"

" Han-Loh, ____ Yuu Mai Krap "
Old 23-01-2009, 11:28 AM
Samster

"Hello, can you please connect me to ____?"

" Han-Loh, Kor Saai Gap ____ Duay Krap "

ฮัลโลขอสายกับ ___ ด้วยครับ

"Hello, is ____ in?"

" Han-Loh, ____ Yuu Mai Krap "

ฮัลโล ___ อยู่ไหมครับ
Old 30-01-2009, 01:47 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 15 / Power: 0
singman80 deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Anybody has recommendation on how to pick up Thai language?

Tone seems like a critical part of this language and if not pronounced correct could mean a different word/meaning altogether - could be embarrassing.

Rosatta Stone is highly recommended and is used extensively by the CIA and other agencies in US. But I'm not sure how good is it for learning Thai.

Thanks.
Old 30-01-2009, 04:20 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 1349 / Power: 21
hosayboh has much to be proud ofhosayboh has much to be proud ofhosayboh has much to be proud ofhosayboh has much to be proud ofhosayboh has much to be proud ofhosayboh has much to be proud ofhosayboh has much to be proud ofhosayboh has much to be proud ofhosayboh has much to be proud ofhosayboh has much to be proud of

Just go community centre sign up for Thai course....
Old 30-01-2009, 04:42 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 669 / Power: 20
Ah_Hia is a splendid one to beholdAh_Hia is a splendid one to beholdAh_Hia is a splendid one to beholdAh_Hia is a splendid one to beholdAh_Hia is a splendid one to beholdAh_Hia is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by singman80 View Post
Anybody has recommendation on how to pick up Thai language?
Pick up a thai girl (or guy if that is ur preference) and u can pick up thai too !
Preferably someone who cannot speak English at all !
You'll learn faster cuz u'll be less inclined to use English (or any other common language).
This is from my experience.

Cheers !
Old 30-01-2009, 10:10 AM
SamSter

My Reputation: Points: 276 / Power: 0
holymannn is one of the Best!holymannn is one of the Best!holymannn is one of the Best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah_Hia View Post
Pick up a thai girl (or guy if that is ur preference) and u can pick up thai too !
Preferably someone who cannot speak English at all !
You'll learn faster cuz u'll be less inclined to use English (or any other common language).
This is from my experience.

Cheers !
yes, fully agree... get a walking dictionary, you can learn thai faster. but the thai you learn from puying may not suitable for you to use it at work. And they will know you learn it from puying. keke.....
Old 30-01-2009, 10:28 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 129 / Power: 16
mike1304k deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guymike1304k deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guy

It is true, the best and fastest way is to get a walking dictionary and preferably a sweet young one. However as mentioned, Thai has 2 forms, the male form and the female form... So you will have to make the effort to remember the proper form you want to use. Further to this, most Thais also have a way of speaking in respect to those older and or of higher authority by putting "pi" at the end of the sentence. So you would be best off if you could find someone who can speak a reasonable amount of English too... to help explain any confusions. There are some who have had long time Bf's from Sg and so on and can speak English really well. Those who hail from Patpong also have mostly good English ability.

Just my 2 cents worth.
Old 30-01-2009, 10:39 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 260 / Power: 23
Charmaine is one of the Best!Charmaine is one of the Best!Charmaine is one of the Best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1304k View Post
There are some who have had long time Bf's from Sg and so on and can speak English really well. Those who hail from Patpong also have mostly good English ability.
I would concur. My current girlfriend's ex is a Singaporean, together for 6 years and as a result pretty much nailed the language, or just about as competently as a local would handle English on a daily basis. She knows big words ("contradiction", or "ingenious", for instance) and always strives to improve her English. She actually finds it an embarrassment that she pronounces certain words with that typical Thai accent and constantly tries to correct herself when speaking. Part of the reason may be her desire to settle into Singapore in the near future.

Not a surprise, though, that she has refused to teach me Thai and insist that I speak to her in perfect English every time.
Old 30-01-2009, 11:00 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 392 / Power: 18
ProfessorOokami is a living Saint! - you won't find betterProfessorOokami is a living Saint! - you won't find betterProfessorOokami is a living Saint! - you won't find betterProfessorOokami is a living Saint! - you won't find better

Quote:
Originally Posted by holymannn View Post
yes, fully agree... get a walking dictionary, you can learn thai faster. but the thai you learn from puying may not suitable for you to use it at work. And they will know you learn it from puying. keke.....
Those "puying" dictionaries are also known as: "Sleeping Dictionaries" Why not try this website:

thai-language.com - Dictionary

You can practise the Thai pronunciation via an audio file for most of the words that you searched for, and the on-line service is FOC.
Old 30-01-2009, 07:32 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 337 / Power: 23
diver5007 is one of the Best!diver5007 is one of the Best!diver5007 is one of the Best!diver5007 is one of the Best!

Another suggestion, search for Pimsleur Thai 30 Lessons.
you can find it in torrentreactor, download this torrent , or use yahoo.
All these 30 lessons are in mp3 format , Eng-Thai eveyday conversations.

cheers
Old 30-01-2009, 07:56 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 3 / Power: 0
saxromeo is Cool - loads of Potential

I hear some sg guys speaking thai in wrong tones all the time.
Most guys learn it from their teraks who do not correct them on the tones , 5 in all. Usually, puying jus agar agar guess what their puchay wanna say with the broken thai and do not correct them.

Wherelse in a thai language lesson , the teacher will correct you if you make such mistakes cos they're paid to do so.
The bad thing about enrolling for a lesson is , you dun get to learn lingo,crude words and they teach formal thai which is sumtimes not applicable.

Personally , i learnt from English-Thai books with audio CDs then enrolled in class and make some thai friends and keep watching lakorns.
Gotta practice constantly if not will lose it.
Old 30-01-2009, 08:11 PM
Samster

Should always learn the formal manner of speech first. Thai society is very old-fashion.

How does one learn the language? With lots of passion and self-motivation. Learning Thai is highly accessible. Over the internet, one can find all sorts of resources to assist his endeavour.
Old 30-01-2009, 10:21 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 200 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 23458 / Power: 26
sex crusader has a reputation beyond reputesex crusader has a reputation beyond reputesex crusader has a reputation beyond reputesex crusader has a reputation beyond reputesex crusader has a reputation beyond reputesex crusader has a reputation beyond reputesex crusader has a reputation beyond reputesex crusader has a reputation beyond reputesex crusader has a reputation beyond reputesex crusader has a reputation beyond reputesex crusader has a reputation beyond repute

Yup...i also making a point to learn as i'm a regular of Hatyaii!However, no kaki to speak here.I learnt through some CD i bought sometimes back.

Inline:

7 pointers and above
Old 31-01-2009, 01:13 AM
Samster (M)

My Reputation: Points: 19 / Power: 0
Mister deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

A wise man once told me "ni chi duo le ta men de kou sui, zi ran hui xue hui thai yu" (eat more of their saliva and proficiency in the language will be a natural result)

And it's true! Been eating for a few months liao, my vocab has improved jing jing

If you want office Thai, enrol in a language class
If you want bedroom Thai, get a faen

Meanwhile, explore those thai-language books in kino or borders. They should tide you through for a awhile, while you look for a class or a faen.
Advert Space Available
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1