The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > International Field Reports

Notices

International Field Reports Had a great time around the world? Tell us about it here!

User Tag List

Old 11-04-2006, 04:12 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1013 / Power: 19
JDLKH has much to be proud ofJDLKH has much to be proud ofJDLKH has much to be proud ofJDLKH has much to be proud ofJDLKH has much to be proud ofJDLKH has much to be proud ofJDLKH has much to be proud ofJDLKH has much to be proud of
Surabaya Information

Here is some information that maybe useful to those hunting in Surabaya.

I divided it up into Disco, Massage Parlour, Karaoke & Night Clubs and finally street walkers.
Old 11-04-2006, 09:24 PM
Samster

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 2 / Power: 0
oldcar is Cool - loads of Potential
Re: Surabaya Information

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDLKH
Here is some information that maybe useful to those hunting in Surabaya.

I divided it up into Disco, Massage Parlour, Karaoke & Night Clubs and finally street walkers.
I been there a few time, beside great seafood, cannot see any other action.
Old 11-04-2006, 10:47 PM
Samster

JDLKH has much to be proud ofJDLKH has much to be proud ofJDLKH has much to be proud ofJDLKH has much to be proud ofJDLKH has much to be proud ofJDLKH has much to be proud ofJDLKH has much to be proud ofJDLKH has much to be proud of
Disco

Generally the ladies get there around 11 pm. They are there to get high and find clients. The price for overnight stay varies from Rp400,000 to Rp600,000. There are other smaller disco places but the main ones are listed below.

Station

Station is at the top floor of Tunjungan Plaza. Sometimes when exiting the premises in the parking lot, you can find some ladies waiting around the sitting areas in the parking lot.

Kowloon

This is at Delta near Plaza Surabaya Hotel (Radisson). There are freelancers here and regulars that work there.

Kantor

This is near Pasar Semut. Looks like a dark creepy place but it is quite professionally run. Only been once and most women were regulars working there. Book the women through the mamasan.

Deluxe

This is near Pusat Electronic above Ramayana. Never been but told women there are regulars, you have to book them through the mamasans.
Old 11-04-2006, 10:52 PM
Samster

Massage Parlour - Spa

There are places with normal massages and extra service they call (plus plus). For plus plus the prices range from Rp80,000 to 400,000 for 1.5 hours of service. Price does not always reflect the quality of service, it is specific to the lady. The ladies move around between the establishments and change their working name.

Symphony

This is in a small alley just before Mandarin Oriental Hotel Majapahit on Jalan Tunjungan. Prices here start from RP400,000. Ladies do look nicer here, but it is personal taste. It starts operation around 1pm and ends around 11pm. This is a plus plus place.

Ganda Ria

This is inbetween Sheraton and Marriot hotel. Prices here start from RP350,000. Ladies here appear OK. Operation starts at 1 pm and ends 12 midnight. This is a plus plus place.

Valentine

This is in an entertainment district known as Kedongdoro. Prices start from RP300,000. Operation starts from 12 midday and ends 12 midnight. This is a plus plus place.

Madona

This is in an entertainment district known as Kedongdoro. Prices start from RP350,000. Operation starts from 12 midday and ends 12 midnight. This is a plus plus place.

Dolly

This is an area with many establishments and is filled with ladies and the area comes alive when the sunsets. Prices start from RP80,000. The choice is varied. All are plus plus place.

Kasiatsu

Located in Kedongdoro entertainment area. This is a real massage parlour, but some girls offer a little extra on the side or after work.

Shiatsu

Located in Kedongdoro entertainment area. This is a real massage parlour with nothing extra to offer.

Duta

Located in Kedongdoro entertainment area. This is a real massage parlour with nothing extra to offer.

Of course there are others, but these are the main ones I know of.
Old 11-04-2006, 10:57 PM
Samster

Karaoke & Night Club

Not really into drinking and karaoke but was told by those who have been.

Deluxe

This is near Pusat Electronic above Ramayana. Never been but told women there are regulars, you have to book them through the mamasans.

Kantor

This is near Pasar Semut. Looks like a dark creepy place but it is quite professionally run. Only been once and most women were regulars working there.

Dboss

This is in an entertainment district known as Kedongdoro. Besides the drinks… etc the price for booking a lady typically starts at RP500,000. Not all will go out with you.

LCC

This is in an entertainment district known as Kedongdoro. Besides the drinks… etc the price for booking a lady typically starts at RP500,000. Not all will go out with you.

Top Ten

At the top of Tunjungan Plaza. When I took a peek in there sometime back the girls really did look good, but that was some time back.
Old 11-04-2006, 11:03 PM
Samster

Street Walkers

Near and in Tunjugan Plaza

Between Tunjungan Plaza (TP) and Tunjungan Hotel is a small street. The ladies hang out there before going to Station discotheque in TP around 10pm. When station closes, some will still linger around there also.

Hard to spot the ones hanging around in the shopping center, but they are there looking for clients. Just hang around near the main center and some will approach you and ask if you want to make new friends. The rest is up to you to negotiate.

Near Hyatt

A small dark alley just before Hyatt hotel. The ladies may or may not be there for you to choose, but the mamasan will be there. Generally starts around 9pm.

Near Jalan Pemuda

Never tried any lady from here, but you can see them on the motorbikes hanging around waving to potential customers to come closer. Was told these ladies can be mischievous and items may get stolen.

Near Delta

These ladies hang around the pedestrian bridge near Delta shopping center. During the day they wear normal clothes and never seem to get on any microbus (angkot) or motorbike (ojeck). They may even approach you or smile at you when you walk pass.

Near Pasar Ikan

A lovely place at night to look at real fish, and some other ladies. Most are fake ladies, so beware of what you choose.
Old 11-04-2006, 11:05 PM
Samster

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 776 / Power: 19
KatoeyLover69 is a splendid one to beholdKatoeyLover69 is a splendid one to beholdKatoeyLover69 is a splendid one to beholdKatoeyLover69 is a splendid one to beholdKatoeyLover69 is a splendid one to beholdKatoeyLover69 is a splendid one to beholdKatoeyLover69 is a splendid one to behold
Budget hotels in Surabaya

Bro JDLKH,

Since you are so familiar with Surabaya, we would appreciate it very much if you could provide the names, locations and room rates for budget hotels in Surabaya - forget about 4-stars and 5-stars hotels
Old 11-04-2006, 11:08 PM
Samster

Disclaimer

I am sure my information is not complete since I do not live there. So do not flame me as I am only a visitor.

Since there have been a lot of raids (operasi / ragia) the ladies are not as many as before. They are around but you may need to know the mamasan or whoever to help with introductions.

Happy Hunting!
Old 11-04-2006, 11:14 PM
Samster

Places to Stay

Well I have not tried many hotels yet.

Ibis Rajawali seems to be good value for money but it is out of the way in Chinatown Kia Kia area. Rp 300,000 per night.

The hotels near the main area of Tunjungan are:

Simpang Inn (quite ideal since it is in the heart of Tunjungan Area, walking distance to most places)

Garden Hotel

Emli Hotel

These hotels range from Rp250000 - Ro300000 per night

In Kedongdoro there is a hotel called Mentari. I think that is Rp200000 per night.

I do not stay in any of these hotels, so hard for me to vouch for the quality.
Old 11-04-2006, 11:22 PM
Samster

KatoeyLover69 is a splendid one to beholdKatoeyLover69 is a splendid one to beholdKatoeyLover69 is a splendid one to beholdKatoeyLover69 is a splendid one to beholdKatoeyLover69 is a splendid one to beholdKatoeyLover69 is a splendid one to beholdKatoeyLover69 is a splendid one to behold
Surabaya Information

Surabaya (formerly Soerabaja) is Indonesia's second-largest city, and the capital of the province of East Java. It is located on the northern shore of eastern Java at the mouth of the Mas River (Kali Mas) and the side of Strait of Madura.

The city is one of the busiest ports in the country. Its principal exports include sugar, tobacco and coffee. It has a large shipyard, and numerous specialized naval schools.

Surabaya derives its name from the words "sura" (shark) and "buaya" (crocodile), which have been told in local myth fighting each other in order to gain the title "the strongest and most powerful animal in the area". Now the two animals are used as the city's logo, the two facing each other while circling the city's monument, the "Tugu Pahlawan".

History

In the fifteenth and sixteenth century, Surabaya was a sultanate and a major political and military power in eastern Java. It got into a conflict and was later taken by the more powerful Sultanate of Mataram in 1625 under Sultan Agung. It was one of Mataram's fiercest campaign, where they had to conquer Surabaya's allies, Sukadana and Madura and laid siege to the city before capturing it. With this conquest, Mataram then controlled almost the whole Java, with the exception of the Sultanate of Banten and the Dutch settlement of Batavia.

The expanding East Indies Companies then took the city over from a weakened Mataram in November 1743. Surabaya became a major trading center under the Dutch colonial government, and hosted the largest naval base in the colony.

In 1917 a revolt occurred amongst the soldiers and sailors of Surabaya, led by the Indies Social Democratic Association. The revolt was firmly crushed and the insurgents given harsh sentences.

During World War II Surabaya was captured by the Japanese in 1942, until the Allies bombed it in 1944. After that it was seized by Indonesian nationalists. However the young nation was soon put into conflict with the Allies-backed Dutch that tried to retake their colony. The Battle of Surabaya was one of the most important battle in the Indonesian revolution. It was started after British Brigadier General Mallaby was killed in car explosion in 8th November 1945 near Jembatan Merah (or the Red Bridge). The Allies gave an ultimatum to the Indonesian freedom fighters inside the city to surrender, but it was refused. The ensuing battle took place in 10th November.

The city was the re-occupied by the Dutch in 1947. Because of prolonged international pressure, the Dutch agreed to transfer the sovereignty of its colony in August 1949. Surabaya was ultimately incorporated into the Republic of Indonesia in December 1949 and rebuilt.

The City

In her role as the main trading city in the eastern region of Indonesia, Surabaya has become one of the largest cities in south-east Asia. Today, Surabaya's population is around three million. The areas surrounding Surabaya include Lamongan to the northwest, Gresik to the west, Bangkalan to the northeast, Sidoarjo to the south, and Mojokerto and Jombang to the southwest.

Currently, the Indonesian government is building the Suramadu Bridge between Surabaya and the island of Madura; when completed, it will be the longest bridge in the country. Madura is currently accessible by a ferry service that operates regularly from Surabaya's port, Tanjung Perak (literally means: "Silver Cape" in Indonesian).

Surabaya is home to Eastern Armada, one of two in the Indonesian Navy. Its strong maritime heritage is also reflected with the Submarine Monument, a real retired Russian submarine, called Pasopati, that was converted into a museum ship in the city centre.

Flooding is common in many areas of the city during the rainy season, mostly caused by clogged sewers and inept bureaucracy. The fact that Surabaya is located in a river delta and has a flat and relatively low elevation doesn't help the matter either.

Surabaya is the location of the only synagogue in Indonesia, although it is currently inactive.

Surabaya's zoo, opened in 1916, was the first in the world to have successfully bred orangutans in captivity.

Other point of interest included :

* Grand Mosque of Surabaya, largest mosque in East Java.
* Cheng Ho Mosque, the first mosque in Indonesia built with a Chinese style architecture.
* Jales Veva Jaya Mahe Monument, a large, admiral like statue which commemorate Indonesian Navy
* Mpu Tantular Museum, has a large collection of ancient Javanese artifact.

Demography

Surabaya is second most populous city in Indonesia, after Jakarta. Most of its population is Javanese people. Notable minorities is Madurese from nearby Madura Island and Chinese Indonesian.

Most citizen speak a unique dialect of Javanese language called Surabayan. This dialect is noted for equality and directness in speech. The usage of register is less strict than Central Javan dialect. The Surabaya dialect is actively promoted in local media, such as in local TV show, radio and traditional drama called ketoprak.

Urbanization is strong because of many industries in the city. As a result there was a large slum area.

Education

Surabaya has several major universities, as well as other institutions with religious or technical specialties. Major universities in the city include Airlangga University (Unair), the oldest and largest public university in eastern Indonesia, with eleven departments in a variety of fields, including an especially well-regarded medical school.

The Institut Teknologi Sepuluh Nopember is one of the country's most selective technology institutions, and is well-known for its robotics, mechanical engineering, and marine engineering programs. As one of the Indonesian military's major naval ports, Surabaya is the site of the national Naval Military Academy.
Old 11-04-2006, 11:31 PM
Samster

Maps of Surabaya

Map of Surabaya City Centre :-

http://www.mapsurabaya.com/areas/surabaya.php

Map of Surabaya :

http://www.mapsurabaya.com/

Map of Suburban Surabaya :

http://www.mapsurabaya.com/areas/suburban.php
Old 12-04-2006, 12:06 AM
Samster

Surabaya Information

Surabaya is the capital of East Java, Indonesia.

Understand
With over 3 million people, Surabaya may be the second-largest city in Indonesia, but it's a little lacking in sights. Many people come here on business though, and it's also a gateway city for Mount Bromo and the island of Bali.

Get in

By plane
Surabaya's Juanda Airport (SUB) is one of the busiest in the country, with very frequent flights to Jakarta and other major Indonesian destinations, as well as some direct international flights to Singapore and Kuala Lumpur. There are separate terminals for domestic and international flights, neither of which will win any awards, but they're fairly functional with the amenities you'd expect (ATMs, car rental, etc).

Officially, you're supposed to buy fixed-fare taxi coupons from the "Prima Taxi" stand for the 18 km trip into town, around US$5-10 depending on your exact destination. In practice you may be able to get a driver dropping off passengers to pick you up. If you're going further away (eg. Mount Bromo), it'll be cheaper to a rent a car with a driver instead.

By train
Surabaya has two main stations, Surabaya Pasarturi and Surabaya Gubeng. Trains using the northern main line from Jakarta takes at least nine hours to arrive at Pasarturi, while trains using the southern main line takes no less than 15. Air-conditioned trains are available on both routes, though. The Argo Bromo Anggrek, Sembrani and Gumarang trains use the northern line, while the Bima uses the south line. All these trains have air-conditioned eksekutif accommodations.

Trains from Bandung and Yogyakarta use the Gubeng station. The Argo Wilis travels at daytime, allowing passengers to enjoy the scenery in the western part of the route. Railway connections to Bali is made by the Mutiara Timur express to Banyuwangi, transferring to buses before the ferry crossing to Gilimanuk.

Get around

By taxi
Taxis are plentiful on the streets of Surabaya. Not all companies are reliable, so stick to Blue Bird Group and Express and insist on the meter. Official rates have increased in October 2005 but not all meters have yet caught up, so ask for a rate sheet if unsure. Figure on Rp 20,000 for a cross-town trip and Rp 70,000 to the airport.

By train
Commuter trains serve Surabaya and Sidoarjo.

See

* Grahadi. The colonial-era residence of the Governor of East Java.
* Surabaya Zoo (Kebun Binatang), 3 km south of the city (near Joyoboyo bus terminal). One of the largest and best in South-East Asia.
* House of Sampoerna
* Tugu Pahlawan A monument dedicated to the fallen heroes of Surabaya during the Independence war of 1945-49.
* Kya-Kya Kembang Jepun At night the Kembang Jepun area in chinatown is transformed into a street bazaar of food stalls. An interesting show of indo-chinese culture and atmosphe.
* Monumen Jalasveva Jayamahe A monument in Surabaya's seafront dedicated to the service of The Indonesian Navy.

Buy
Surabaya boasts some of South-East Asia's largest shopping malls.

* Delta Plaza, Jl Panglima Sudirman. One of the oldest shopping mall in town.
* Galaxy Mall. The largest one in East Surabaya. Galaxy Mall 2 is under construction at time being and scheduled to be finished next year.
* Pakuwon Mall and Trade Center. The largest one in West Surabaya.
* Tunjungan Plaza, Jl Basuki Rahmat. The largest in Surabaya, with four interconnected buildings selling everything. Good selection of restaurants on the top floors and the basement.
* Maspion Square. A shopping mall situated in Southern Surabaya where Giant Hypermarket is the anchor tenant.
* World Trade Center (WTC) , Jl Panglima Sudirman. Despite its name, the building is actually more famous for the place to shop for cellphones. For locals, WTC is often referred as 'World Telephone Center'.
* THR Mall, Jl Kusuma Bangsa. The ultimate place to shop for computers, software, and computer peripherals.
* Pasar Atum. A large, indoor Chinese market, catering to Chinese locals.

Eat
* Puri Garden, Tunjungan Plaza 4F. Tasty selection of Indonesian food with dishes for Rp 10,000-20,000. Try puri kuali asam, an Indonesian twist on the spicy Thai tom yam kung soup.
* Peking Duck, Tunjungan Plaza 4. Crispy peking duck.
* Sea Master, Mayjend Sungkono. Fresh seafood.
* Depot You Yuen, Jl Undaan Kulon 87. Inexpensive, local vegetarian cuisine. Indonesian speakers only.

Drink
* Desperados
* Tavern

Sleep
The cheapest way to stay is to buy hotel vouchers from local travel agents, such as Haryono Travel or Pasopati. In 2003, a standard room at Shangri-La cost $80/night (through Haryono Travel), a garden view room at Mandarin Oriental Majapahit cost $100/night (through Haryono Travel) and a standard room at Novotel cost $50/night. (U.S. dollars.)

Mid-range
Ibis Rajawali **
Inna Simpang **
Narita **
Sahid **
Santika **
Somerset Puri Darmo (Somerset Surabaya Hotel & Service Residence) **
Weta International **

Splurge
^ Hyatt Regency **** Conventional business hotel. Indonesian President stays here.
^ JW Marriott ****
^ Mandarin Oriental Majapahit [3] *****, 65 Jalan Tunjungan, tel. +62-31-5459002. Opulent colonial-era luxury.
^ Shangri-La Hotel Surabaya [4] ***** tel. +62-31-5661550 Close to golf courses in Darmo area. Pool with abundant plants and waterslide.
^ Sheraton **** Conventional business hotel, connected to Tunjungan Plaza.
^ Equator **** Nice bungalows, on cobblestone roads, some with attached garages.
^ Garden Palace ***
^ Hilton International ****
^ Novotel **** Nice resort hotel with outdoor hallways. Pool with abundant plants and waterslide.
^ Tunjungan ***
^ Surabaya Plaza Hotel *** Conventional business hotel, close to Surabaya Plaza.

Get out
* Mount Bromo is a popular two-day trip from Surabaya.
* Tretes is one hour away. Pleasant villas among hills. Good eats.
* Malang is two hours away. Recreation, such as picnics and clubs.
Old 12-04-2006, 04:10 AM
Samster

Rooms in Surabaya or Jakarta

I have generally found it to be cheaper to get rooms from Kaha at the airport.

Mandarin Oriental Majapahit for example cost RP460,000 at this time of posting.

Hyatt cost RP425,000 at this time of posting.
Old 12-04-2006, 04:14 AM
Samster

Tretes

This place is about 2 hours journey from Surabaya in the hills. From Juanda Airport about 1.5 hours.

Something like a Dolly area, but I think with better quality gals with a nice cool environment. If you are a local, you can get gals for RP500,000 over night stay.

Malang is another place with gals, but I have never been there.
Old 13-04-2006, 02:39 AM
Samster

Mesir Hotel

This is a budget hotel, Kaha travel agency was selling the rooms at RP125,000 per night.

But this hotel is really out of the way in Jalan Haji Mansyiur near Chinatown area / Kia Kia (Kya Kya).
Advert Space Available
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1